First Week

So...the first week in HK has been rather interesting. I got here rather late last Thursday night, and spent the weekend mostly in a frenzy buying some things for the dorm from IKEA (which they have here, surprisingly) and getting adjusted to the mazelike campus that is called Hong Kong University. (Gah there are so many steps and hills here...and it's freezing too! -__-)

I've already hit up most places (HK is indeed quite small), including SoHo and LKF (the "hang-out" place, particularly for foreigners) and some other shopping centers. The transportation here is quite awesome - though I have to say HK pretty much is a replica of Taipei (or vice versa), except that there's the issue of communication...hmmmm.

My roomie is an international student from Australia but originally from Norway, so far, things are going well. :D

But besides this long week (in which I've tried out I don't know how many classes to see which ones I want to keep, and walking into numerous Chinese classes only to find out they're taught in Cantonese, much to my dismay), I think everything will be fine. Fine that is, meaning HKU professors usually give out C+ grades on average, and since my credits don't transfer back exactly, I'll be taking 2 linguistics classes and 3 businesses classes to make things work. On top of that, I have discovered that international students from other countries DO NOT have to take their classes for a grade (they just have to pass!), meaning that most them will be busy partying it up while I keep my nose stuck in a book in the library. *tear*

Tis ok...I will make sure to study hard, but play harder. =)

Tomorrow the Office of International Exchange has arranged some tours for us...so hopefully I'll meet some more of the exchange students then. Ta-ta!

Comments

EfficienC said…
=) Great! You are really focused. You will go far.

LKF is awesome indeed...

hahah ur the hottest girl in town!
Unknown said…
good luck lesley!! :D

totally know what you mean...my grades counted while everyone else just had to pass. I was stuck studying too :(. But it wasn't too bad :D

Popular Posts